Thread: New Side Effect
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 08:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Honey- re-think your injury

Honey Badger- I don't want to sound like I'm telling you to go looking for trouble where there is none- but your post indicated your concussion was not much of a big deal. I know it could have been worse, but from what I understand, when you bang your brain (or use it as brakes the damage can sometimes be diffuse, so a CT scan or MRI might not show much bleeding. But the neurons can get damaged (sudden stop, twisting, banging on skull, etc can cause trouble!) To know: concussions are cumulative. Look around at information available- I've read people who get one concussion tend to get more- maybe sometimes because the first one resulted in a little impulsivity? I mention impulsivity because one area often concussed is the frontal area of the brain- and when it gets injured, that's one thing that can happen: impulsivity. Maybe, since you face-planted, you could look for some info on frontal lobe function or damage? I say this because when people impact that way, sometimes the brain bounces to the back of the skull and then forward again- and hits the front rather hard. My thought is that if you know what to look for in terms of injury and identify some things that apply, maybe you could take steps to avoid problems? In case you didn't already figure it out, I am frontal-lobe injured. I didn't know it for 15 months after it happened- but had plenty of symptoms during that time that caused plenty of trouble. Don't want it to happen to you! Be careful on that bike, k?
infinitysquared is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MiaVita2012 (05-05-2013)