View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi, I'm new and in TBI recovery

Hi all...
I'm new here and am dropping around as I have a doc appt tomorrow. I actually posted this at the bottom of another thread but now realize I probably should have posted here.

I fell 18 months ago at home, when I was 39, and ended up with what was described as a mid-grade TBI and whiplash. Since then, I have been dealing with a lot. At the time I fell, I was a grad student and planning on doing a PhD. I had to leave my program and then turned down a scholarship for a PhD as I just didn't think I could do it. I think I made the right decision but it's very depressing.
I suffer from headaches near the site of impact, as well as across my forehead. My headaches also stem from significant back and neck pain. I'm fatigued and have very low tolerance levels when aggravated. My daughter says she wishes mommy would come back and that kills me. So, I'm struggling right now. I just don't feel like the same person. Depression, anxiety, and fatigue, as
well.
So, I haven't been back to see a doc about this is in over a year. We moved out of the university community we were in and I have just gone on, trying to just plod my way through, focusing on what needs to be done. Finally, ready to go back and face that I need some help in dealing with this, whether it be on the physical or mental/emotional, or all of it. I have been scheduled for another MRI in June but tomorrow have my appt to discuss my symptoms with my doc. I know I have to do this but am nervous just the same. I have been living on my determination to get through and on homeopathics for a year and am really not excited about the potential of perhaps needing to get on to meds. I see there is talk in this stream about diet so I'll do some research.
Just looking for a place to learn and get some support from others who have been down this road.
Thanks.
Jantaris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote