View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 10:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Alkymst, as leesa said deinitely try any and all conservative treatment, even if its med control with restricted activities etc...surgery definitelymneeds to be a very last resort for anyone, but especially you since u have ghe "wild" card thrown in there with diabetes which would make recovery 100x harder....definitely see what your dr. Says when you see him, maybe try PT again, an trying ice again 20 min on, 20 off, or as often as u can especially for the next several day...also after you see what the dr. Says maybe try some yoga, or get PT to teach you some gentle exercises to loosen the muscles up, an also some core exercises to strengthen your core. You may also look into a TENS unit it has worked miracles for me. An also possibly even accupuncture, kve been doing a lot of resear h on it an ive heard some wonderful things about it! Whatever you do do NOT go to a chiropractor it will only make your issuses worse! Ive had a lot of issues since I had surgery in december, granted I tried EVERY conservative treatment I knew, an I didnt have much chlice bc my nerve rootatL4-L5 was completly impinged! Try not to over think things and just take it a day at a time, since my injury I have definitely learned patience!!! Time is the only thing that will help you get answers and heal an it just gakes time!! I nope you get to feeling better soon....take care!
fireman9915 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alkymst (05-06-2013)