View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi, Unsure81. Welcome! It sounds like your care has been poorly managed in the past. I'm sorry about that. But this new doctor sounds like he knows what he's doing.

First, please do not "push through the fatigue!" If you push MG, it'll just push right back.

What's more important than the antibody tests right now - and what concerns me - is how you describe your breathing! It seems to me that you need to get help right away. The other specialty that works with neurology for an MG patient is pulmonology. Have you ever been assessed by a pulmonologist?

A pulmy can check your O2, do breathing tests and an arterial blood gas if necessary. My pulmy has been invaluable in the past.

If your breathing is so bad that you can't take a breath in or out, can't swallow and/or move well (generalized weakness), you need to get to an ER. Dialing 911 is best. You can't tell how quickly MG will go downhill or how bad it will get. It's a very unpredictable disease.

Antibody tests do change over time, like these guys have said. They do not necessarily reflect severity of MG. There's also the MuSK antibody test and some MGers are seronegative.

Please take it easy! You need to rest as much as you can. And do not stay out in hot weather! It can tank MG quickly.

Don't be shy about going to an ER. It sounds like you are doing pretty badly.

I hope you'll get answers soon.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Unsure81 (05-06-2013)