View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Sue:

I have suffered from insomnia for most of my life. I now take some Alprazolam (only because it relaxes me enough) and I go to sleep at around 11:30 p.m. and I get up at around 8 a.m.

I would take Ambiem if I could afford it but my insurance plan doesn't. I had samples of Lunesta. It worked for exactly 2 days then it did NOTHING!!!

So I must have a hyper nervous system or something.

When I was a baby, I NEVER SLEPT, or so my mother threw that fact up to me most of my life. Maybe that's why she never could stand me. I must have drove them nuts bouncing in the crib.
They tried a teaspoon of wine one night (as per doctor's instructions) and I slept for 14 hours straight. My parents were in heaven.

The next night they tried giving me a TABLESPOON of wine and I danced all night. Can you imagine being the parent of a kid who doesn't sleep normally. No wonder my mom became a bitter mean old lady. I wonder why she never took a sleeping pill. She would take naps during the day. They both did. It's amazing what one remembers as one gets older.

She would always say to me "I only hope your son keeps you up all night like you kept me up" He didn't (only because he slept in our bed till he was 5). I know, not a good thing, but I had to get my sleep. I used to fall asleep holding his little foot. I remember reading about how in Europe it's not uncommon to have something called a Family Bed where everybody sleeps together. It's kind of a bonding experience and the kids feel secure. Actually, if it works for ya, I see no harm. When my son was a baby, putting him in my bed (while not the smartest thing for a marriage), well, I got to go to sleep, so to me, it was just fine. I will never forget when Frank turned 5, Alan got so disgusted he said "enough is enough, you are sleeping in your own bed from now on". We had a few bad nights but it worked.

So who knows who is right and who is wrong? The people with the Family bed, or the people who never let their kids into the beds in the first place????

I'll never know. (But at least I got my sleep).

Now I just take my Alprazolam and sleep like a baby.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote