View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default confused??

Hi, I had oral surg back in 2005 on my left side. For all these years I never chewed on that side of my face because I was told I had Trigeminal Neuralgia. By not chewing on that side of my face I kept it under for the most part complete control. Until Dec 2012. I started having pain on my right side and I thought I better get to the dentist and find out whats going on. They told me both of my upper teeth on the right side needed to come out. So I had them removed. Little did I know I would experience the most intense pain of my life. All the pain on the left side came back and now I have pain not only on the left (mostly the left) but also on the right. I have nerves in my face that constantly jump and I am in so much pain I have considered suicide to end all of this. My doctor sent me to a neurologist who has put me on neurotin 600mg 3x a day and it is not even touching the pain. I have tried Cymbalta as well but had a very horrible reaction to it. My neurologist sent me to a facial pain expert and he now is saying that he thinks that my jaw may be out of line causing this extreme pain. He is fitting me for mouth pieces that I have to wear during day and a different one at night. I am very skeptical of this. I have had this pain for years now on and off and since the procedure in dec constantly. I have been told so many different things I don't believe anything they say anymore. My neurologist said I don't have trigeminal neuralgia that I have trigeminal neuropathy. This facial pain dr says he thinks its all my jaw. I am at a loss. I am in constant pain my teeth are so numb I cant even stand for them to touch. My face on the left side is so tight with gripping pain I feel like Im losing my mind. I'm looking for advice. Should I let this facial dr make these things that are costing me thousands of dollars? Or Do my symptoms go along with what my neurologist is saying? Please help me I am desparate! Thank you
lalaleeb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote