View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 08:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for your reply.
The last year has been difficult with lots of transition as we moved. I have had zero treatment this year. I have just been feeling like I have to get on with things. I have been taking Tylenol when needed and icing with an ice pack.It's been extremely stressful because I haven't been able to find a job and am unsure what I can even do. Before the fall, I had been dealing with scoliosis and now, with the whiplash, I feel it's gotten worse. I have pain in neck and back, and worse, numbness now. I know I can't physically handle a job where I am on my feet 8 hours a day.
Other symptoms: dizzy, light headed, have fallen several times, confusion, exhaustion (like loading the dishwasher is exhausting), anxiety, depression, nausea, headaches at point of impact and just wherever, disorganization.
After the fall, I took several months to rest. But, my husband is not a citizen of the country were in, so I have always felt, and still feel, like I have had to step up and really hold things together for us. I'm "head of the household" so-to-speak. Although that is starting to change as our business grows. So, there has not been a lot of rest this year. I have also been noticeably much more irritable and I don't tolerate foolishness as well as I used to (maybe that's not a bad thing? Lols)
I'm off to see my doctor. This is a new doc and she has been fabulous. She has scheduled an MRI and definitely wants me in to see a Neuro doc (can't remember what term she used). It's been a hard year but I know I am doing the right thing and am hopeful that I may get some relief moving forward. After I fell, when we were in another province, the doc at the university wished me well but did not suggest any more treatment after we re-located. I knew there was a good possibility I'd be dealing with symptoms but had no idea about aftercare. All that he did for me was order an MRI and deal with the immediate symptoms. I think he felt good that I was feeling better after several months of rest. But clearly, I'm not "recovered."
Thanks again for the message.
Jantaris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote