View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I'm really sorry you're going through so much - and basically alone. I hope the social worker can advise you as to what assistance is out there that you can take advantage of.

I can relate to your feelings about your family. My sister was just here visiting and I still don't think she "gets it". Like you, I try to put on a brave face just because I don't want to burden others with my struggles. Plus, there really isn't much they could do anyway. But it would be nice just to have someone acknowledge that I'm not always "OK".

I tried to explain to them that much of the time I can feel my disability more than they can see it. Not sure if she understood that. She tries but unless they can experience a day in our shoes they'll never fully understand what it's like.

It worries me that you're having to go up and down stairs just to get to your apartment. Stairs are not something I can navigate anymore. I hope you can manage to find a place that's handicap accessible. Let us know how the meeting with the social worker goes.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (05-06-2013), clarkstar (05-06-2013)