View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

John, that is the challenge of carbidopa/levodopa. i'm sure your're aware that one way to do that is to dissolve your daily total dosage in water plus vitamin c, i think 500mg but probably not that critical and take it in liquid form. i haven't tried to do that even though i do have to take L/C every 3 hrs most of the time., maybe more often and that's all i take, both IR and CR, i still play around with he doseage everyday. lately i've been taking 125mg 1st thing in the morning (split a 25/250 IR) and take another 125 2hrs later, my theory is i need to replenish my depleted levodopa quickly and also the carbidopa, it also has a short half life. when calculating my total levodopa for the day, i modify 200mg CR to be bioequivalent to 120mg levodopa.

i can play around with my meds since i don't work, if i had a job and/or was a caregiver, i'd have to take my meds on a tight schedule. at that point, would likely take 125mg L/C upon wakening and then a 1.5 tabs of 50/200mg CR an hr later and develop some variation on that the rest of the day.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote