View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 12:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Musician with NTOS - botox reactions?

Hello everyone! I'm new the forums, but I've been reading a lot of the old threads. Thanks for the good information!

I'm a 24-year old musician with NTOS (though I haven't been able to play since last year due to pain). A little background:

I've had it since I was 11 years old, but only got it properly diagnosed a little over a year ago. I've seen 15+ PTs over the years, a chiropractor, many massage therapists, and I've tried trigger point injections, myofascial release, all sorts of different drugs for pain relief, etc etc etc. None of these have helped at all, I've only gotten steadily worse over the years. I have severe pain from the tips of all of my fingers all the way through my arms up to the top of my neck on both sides.

I'm currently seeing Dr. Donahue in Boston, and I've been having PT with Regina Campbell (maybe some other musicians on here have seen her?). My PT is currently out-of-commission due to her own health problems. Any recommendations for other people to see in Boston in the meantime? I know that I have about a zillion trigger points all over my arms, shoulders, neck, and back, and that my fascia is tight everywhere, so I feel like some sort of manual therapy is the way to go for now (as opposed to surgery). I've yet to find any manual therapy, stretches, or exercises that don't make me feel significantly worse, though.

I got Botox injections in the pec minor and anterior scalene muscles, and I was just wondering if other people who have had them could share their experiences. I had them a little less than two weeks ago, so I know it's a bit soon to be feeling any differences. Starting yesterday, I've started to feel rather strange. I wouldn't say my pain is any "better", but I feel like it has changed qualities. The pain is less "achy" and more "burning", and it feels like it's all over my body rather than just in my arms and neck.

Can other people who have tried the Botox please share their experiences with this treatment? Thank you!
Minouche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote