Thread: Chinese Cupping
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 01:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I bought a set of Chinese Cups

I bought a set of Chinese Cups about two weeks ago and have been playing around with them. My first impression of them is good and I think that these might be helpful over time. Two weeks really isn't enough time to notice a big difference, so I'll have to use them for a while longer before I can really tell how well they work.

The thing with these, is, they pull on the muscle rather than push on it like most massage does, so it works the fascia from a different angle. It's also supposed to pull toxins and stagnant blood from the muscles.

The set I bought has 17 cups, but I've only been using 1 or 2 at a time. If I use more than that, they start to fall off.

I usually put some baby oil on my skin. That way the cup seals better, and oily skin pulls up into the cup easier. Then I move around while the cup is on there. You can really feel it pulling on the fascia. It's kind of like an active release technique. It does leave purple marks on your skin, but they really don't hurt. It's a little weird a first, but once you get used to it, it's no big deal

I'll give another update after I've use them for several months.

My Easy Cooking Channel
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
nospam (05-06-2013)