View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehiroko View Post
Hi Mikey,

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed in your signature that you also suffer from headaches and that you'er on nortiptalyn as well as some other meds. How are your headaches doing on the meds? How are they in general.

I'm still in the toughing out headache phase going on 2.5 months...but i'm seriously considering perscription meds now..

Thank you so much!

bluehiroko,

My headaches have been pretty much reduced to zero as soon as they found the level of Nortriptyline which would take care of the constant headache, this was in late 2010. I had very bad headaches, in combination with lots of anxiety, dizziness, and cognative fog.

They started out with levels of Nortriptyline of 10mg but that didn't help, and currently I'm at 100mg, taken at night. For comparison, I'm a guy, about 180 lbs, and used to be an endurance athlete, so my health was pretty good a few years ago.

Currently, I get very bad headaches when I exercise. This far into PCS I don't know if that will ever go away. If I ever overstep that headache threshold I can take Naratriptan to get rid of it. All other symptoms have pretty much resolved and I'm working full time, driving, and my cognative endurance is almost back to where I was at.

Work with your doctor, and good luck!

Mike

December 15, 2009: Major surgery due to diverticulitis. 6 weeks after surgery, dizziness, fog, cognitive difficulty, anxiety, some panic, lots of headache. These symptoms largely gone, but still cannot exercise above a very low threshold otherwise resulting in severe headache and cognitive fog. Same for overwhelming odors.

Meds: Nortriptyline and Naratriptan as needed to rid severe headaches (exertional migraines).
PCS Mikey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (05-06-2013)