View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koi13 View Post
I am really getting frustrated with my neuro. During my first visit they were brief and only spent 10 minutes with me. I was told that they would start with bloodwork and then an EMG. I go to get my blood test and the lab doesn't have the paperwork from the doc. I go back to th e doc and they can't get a hold of the doc. I wait and call, no answer. Next day, I call and wait, no response. I drive to the clinic and still no answer.

I finally get a call from the docs associate (after 4 days) who says blood work is not needed. WHAT??? Isn't that the norm, blood tests first to rule out other causes before they move on to the EMG testing and MRI testing?

I am frustrated with this doc. Should I find someone else?
OMG. Get a new neuro asap. I remember going for those blood tests. They were very important to diagnosis. But sometimes medical offices just get out off track, just like any other. I had a nurse forget to send my order for anti nausea drugs when I was on chemo...this is not a clerk forgetting to order the right color sweater at Macy's. Holy Moley I mean really people? This is health... back to you.... Please Do Not waste another minute. They made a huge mistake keeping you waiting. Get a new doctor and get the blood work done.
Good luck
tomboy mel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote