View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minouche View Post
Can other people who have tried the Botox please share their experiences with this treatment? Thank you!
I had botox once on the right side (post op > 8 years) and about 3 to 4 times on the left side (post op ~ 10 months). After about a week, the right side was symptom free for a glorious 25 days. When it wore off, it was like going from 0 to 100 in 10 seconds flat or no pain to horrific flare. The doctor who gave that shot was anti-TOS surgery until the shot wore off so quickly and so dramatically for me. I got the idea that my results weren't typical. Surgery did turn out to be the best decision for me as I had an obvious bony problem involving the 1st rib.

My experiences on the left side were probably more similar to others - gradually wearing off of the effects of botox, gradual return of symptoms, etc. These shots were given by a different doctor and used a different formulation or brand of botox which might explain the different experiences. The effect of these shots lasted longer but were not so dramatic as the right side. I ultimately had surgery on this side due to the significant vascular problems.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote