Thread: Worried
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Mindy,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. The basic diagnosis for PCS or any concussion is based on any impact to the head followed by symptoms that fit in the category of concussion. PCS just means the concussion symptoms have lasted 6 weeks or more, there-abouts.

There are diagnostic techniques for concussion but they are not widely used. fMRI, qEEG, Diffusion Tensor Imaging, a new imaging system that looks at the the nerve fibers, and NeuroPsychological Assessment all will identify concussion symptoms. The problem is there is not much that can be done to effect or speed up recovery.

I am confused about his care and treatment. Either the nortriptyline or the Valium should help with his sleep. The Valium should be a last ditch effort.

The chiro sounds more focused on human potential and wellness than addressing you husband's injuries. He should not be doing the 'twist the head and pop the neck' adjustment common to chiro. The NeuroAcoustic is a human potential therapy not a healing therapy.

Read the stickie thread at the top about Vitamins. It has some good online resources and information about taking care of an injured brain. You need to help him maintain a low stress life at home and at work.

With proper quiet rest and a low stress life, he will improve and regain the ability tom live a full life.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote