View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 01:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey MIM,

I also didn't know about vascular surgeons until I got to this website. You need to start seeing several vascular surgeons right away.If it's not too much trouble, set several appointments so that you can get as many opinions as possible. If they are good vascular surgeons that know TOS, then they will put your arms in different positions. Just search for vascular surgeons in your area and call them up and ask their assistants if they treat TOS and if so, how frequently. Go to the ones that have many TOS patients.

I'm not sure how far you are from Pittsburgh, but the only guy I know of is Dr. Timothy Wu. He answered a question of mine on healthtap.com and he knows about TOS. Also, it looks like he takes many different insurance carriers.

http://findadoc.upmc.com/PhysicianBi...?EPCDID=138997

Another thing you can do is to request a brachial plexus MRI with your arms above your head, so that it will hopefully show the compression causing your symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyInMind View Post
Why? Because until you wrote that, I didn't know which type of doctor can properly test for TOS. I'm at a total loss at how to find out what's really wrong, but all my symptoms are those that occur with TOS. My doesn't believe it's a possibility because my hands are blue, that's her reasoning.

Also, a vascular surgeon deals with arteries and veins, correct?

I get severe pain when I move my arms behind my shoulder or raise them above my head. That would suggest that nerves are being impinged, I guess. WIth my arms resting on my lap whilesitting or at my sides,there is no pain. I don't have any numbness or tingling.

Would a vascular surgeon put my arms into the positions that cause pain and be able to diagnose my problem? So far, a neurologist and orthopedic surgeon haven't found anything. Both tests by these doctors did not involve touching my arms once. I'm lost, and scared, and don't know who I'm supposed to go to for a diagnosis.
fdupshoulders is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote