View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 01:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

By the way- I got an MR Neurogram, which didn't show anything at all. Then, I went to Dr. Collins at UCLA Radiology, who may be in the top 5 people in the world that understand TOS, and he showed me all sorts of compression with a MRI/MRA/MRV. He said to throw away the MRN and that it is complete crap. MRN's also are tough to get approved my insurance.

If I were you I'd stay away from chiropractors at least until you figure out what's wrong. --by someone with an MD, and really knows about TOS and similar problems. Many doctors don't know TOS even when they claim they do. I went to Mayo Clinic and was told by one of their top Neurologists that I have an "unknown brachial plexus problem and should continue taking pain managing medications until symptoms improve" even after I told him I'd already gotten the TOS diagnosis, but he and his colleagues rejected it- without doing any arm maneuvers. (I went because i had the appt date for several months and only got the TOS diagnosis days before the trip)
I insisted on an ultrasound just hours before my flight home, and he called me the next week with the results with his tail between his legs, telling me that my subclavian artery experienced high velocity with my arms in the 180degree position.
fdupshoulders is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote