View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Been on namenda also

About a month ago I presented my Dr. with 2 lists. One was a list of about 35 meds that I had taken (with dosages listed) - that did not work at all for the pain. Then I gave him another list of drugs that I had read about via neurotalk, internet , research, etc. that I would like to try for pain. He is extremely cooperative and is most willing to try additional drugs to help me as he knows how I am suffering with no meds for pain. One of the drugs on the list was Namenda. Interestingly enough that was the first on he chose for me to try. That would have been my choice also.
He prescribed 20 mg. a day. Usually I tolerate drugs well (ex. 3600mg. neurotnitn doesn't even bother me or touch the pain). Unfortunately after just a few days on the namenda I became very nauseous, dizzy and very out of sorts. I could not contue taking it and it did not help the pain at all.
I am still hoping I findthat miracle drug as nothing has worked thus far. I was really hoping the namenda was it. I have also been on mexilitine(I think that't it). No help either. Well - I still have other drugs on my "to try" list. Maybe one will help.
Sydney
Sydney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote