View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 06:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Social Security Disability is a program who have medically identifiable, severe, diagnoses that totally prevent a person from performing any kind of work activity. It is not a program that pays benefits to people who self-diagnose and who believe they cannot hold jobs. It only pays money to people who have proven by medical evidence that they are so impaired physically or mentally that there it is impossible to work. The program requires medical evidence by medical professionals. Your opinion is simply not enough.

I realize that you think you cannot work but you are not on a program that makes its decisions based on your opinion. If all it took to be entitled to a disability check was a personal belief that a person cannot work, then there would be a huge increase in the number of people getting benefits.

I could read every article in the world about workplace bullying and/or mobbing or gang stalking or PTSD but none of that proves that 1. you have it or 2. that it is a severe problem for you or 3. that it prevents you from working.

Perhaps you do have some anxiety, fear, or paranoia. Perhaps it is founded on reality or perhaps it is unreasonable. Those conditions can be diagnosed and treated with medical treatment. There are people who overcome or learn to deal with or learn how to chemically manage those problems. There are those who don't. Without ongoing medical treatment, no one knows what might work for you. Ongoing medical treatment could demonstrate that your opinion is valid. All that is known is that you don't want medical treatment and that you believe you cannot hold a job. And your opinion is simply not going to be enough to continue to get benefits from SSDI.

I am going back to my original suggestion. If you need medical treatment and/or medication because you have a severe medical problem, then you should, by all means, get the care you need. If not, look for work in a lonely occupation; there are many occupations that don't involve large involvement with people. Work with animals; nighttime janitorial; night watchman.

Seek medical care if you need it and take medication that improves your ability to function.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote