View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

john,
i'm sure people use "liquid" sinemet. duopdopa reducing dyskinesias and improving quality of life obviously shows the advantages of keeping the blood levels of levodopa constant, that's why there is also the development of another israeli levodopa pump that administers levodopa directly into the blood and not the small intestine and other CR levodopa/carbidopa formultions, rytary being one and i think there is another one in phase2/phase3?

i can only speak for L/C CR, i've never taken stalevo, but if it was doing the job, these other drugs/technology wouldn't be in development. agonists have a much longer half life, it seems if one can tolerate one why not just add an agonist to smooth out the fluctuations? there is work on new agonists and formulations that go under the skin and give months of drugs. i have to wonder how the neupro patch is doing now that it's back on the market?

i've read many accounts and personally experienced some unpredictability of CR but i'll always take it when i have to be at my best kind of as insurance that i'll have enough dopamine and in case i forget to take a dose.

as far as limited strengths, one can split a 100mg L/C into 25mg sections with pretty good accurracy and a 250mg into 62.5mg chunks so at the minimum, if the tablets are scored you have at the minimum 25mg chunks to play around with if you start with the 100mg tablet, they do though crumble a little when split that much. i've read the 200mg CR retains it's slow release feature if split..

i think the greater problem is absorption due to diet and "gremlins". sometimes my LC just doesn't seem to get absorbed.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote