View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 11:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Alpha Lipoic Acid and Benfotiamine

I am a new member as of yesterday. I tried to introduce myself on the new membership forum but apparantly at the time I tried to submit my message, unbeknown to me, I was logged off. I logged back on but my message was gone. I have come across 2 supplements/vitamins that are alleged to help with burning peripheral neuropathy and want to know what members think about them and if they have any more/better suggestions.

I am a 69 year old male and have this problem in my feet. It hampers my ability to stand very long or walk very far. I swim for exercise but for joint health I really need to be able to walk. I have just started to take 600 mg of alpha lipoic acid once a day and am waiting to receive the benfotiamine (300mg) which I assume is also a 1/day dose.

I would like to know if other members of this forum have tried these items and what the results were. Would also like to know if there are any better solutions. I have tried Lyrica and an anti depressant the name of which escapes me. I could not tolerate the side effects of either.
kemokimo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote