View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 11:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburton83 View Post
Thanks guys, i certainly do keep my consultant well informed.. i write down whenever i have attacks and the pains i'm experiencing etc.

My occassional attacks seem to have been replaced by a constant burning/ numbing sensation in my lower lip. However i can seem to eat normally now.. it's very strange how this has progressed in as little as 2 months. I guess what i'm concerned about is how it will progress further.

Fortunately my scan didn't show the presence of a tumour or 'anything sinister' according to my consultant. They seem to think it will clear up through medication alone.. not much of what i have read on the internet seems to suggest that is the case though. And i'm aware this can't be cured, so like you say.. i can learn to live with this.. as i think i am starting to do already
I'm sorry you're going through that! It really sucks. For you, is the constant weird sensation a bit of an improvement over random attacks? I thought that after my attacks went away with medicine that the jaw pain I'm having isn't nearly as bad as being in fear of an attack. But it's also really annoying, because sometimes it hurts to eat. Did your doctor say your problem would go dormant? That's what mine said.

I went to the dentist last week. Around part of my jaw that was hurting, a tooth broke. It turns out that that tooth and the one directly above it are really messed up, the broken one even has an infection in the jawbone! I'm getting the broken one pulled tomorrow. (I'm going to get an implant in a few months, luckily it's a lower bicuspid so I won't look all toothless.) Then I have to get a root canal and a crown on the top one. It was all secondary tooth decay from under fillings.
The dentist was like "Didn't this hurt a lot?" Well, yeah, but I assumed it was the nerve. The dentist was really nice, too, and didn't act like I was stupid for assuming that. He just said "Yeah, it's hard to tell things like that apart from tooth pain."
So maybe my teeth are irritating my nerve? The teeth both had decay down to the nerve. I don't know. I'll try to hope that fixing my teeth will fix my nerve, but not get disappointed if it doesn't.

I hope you guys don't get bored with me posting all the things that happen to me here. I hope someone else can read this thread and get some kind of information. (I guess if people talking about their medical issues is boring to someone, they should probably read a different forum! )
cloudsnapper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote