View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Just met with Nerurosurgeon today

The meeting did not go quite as I had hoped. I had all of my pains and symptoms listed out, when they started, what they do to me, etc. He read through it and told me that I was "a complicated patient". He understands everything he read, but cannot, from his end, come up with a cause for any of it - especially the peripheral neuropathy symptoms. He asked me if I knew the difference between a neurologist and a neurosurgeon. I told him no because I assumed you had to be one to become the other. He said no. He has no idea how the rest of the nerves in the body work and therefore, has no explanation for my problems. He did tell me that he has had family and friends that have had similar problems, with regard to having neurological difficulties without explanation. At least I'm not completely alone, but it doesn't make me feel too much better. He is referring me to a neurologist so now I get to sit back and wait for a call from this new guy - or girl.

I guess I'm just venting because I was hoping for a slightly different outcome. I was hoping he would agree with my assessment of neuropathy based on my symptoms and test results. My next appt is with my pain management dr on the 20th and I don't really like this guy, and don't trust him, so I am not looking forward to that either. We have some serious talking to do - he and I.
eva5667faliure (05-07-2013), ginnie (05-07-2013), Mark56 (05-14-2013), mg neck prob (05-22-2013), Spiney95 (05-07-2013)