View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Yes rest

This is the mantra.....brain rest

No or very minimal screens, get some books on tape or listen to soothing music on the radio.

You will need to have a very boring life for awhile. Try to sleep as much as you can.

Check out the vitamin thread at the top of the page and that will give you good ideas for brain nutrition.

Be careful of working out -- don't do that now, try to get off of caffeine or limit it as much as you can. It isn't good for the healing brain, and neither is alcohol.

Unfortunately, there is no timeline for how long this lasts. Each brain injury is different. There is no way to hurry it up either.

I wish you the best in your recovery.

Poetrymom

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote