Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyInMind View Post
Why? Because until you wrote that, I didn't know which type of doctor can properly test for TOS. I'm at a total loss at how to find out what's really wrong, but all my symptoms are those that occur with TOS. My doesn't believe it's a possibility because my hands are blue, that's her reasoning.

Also, a vascular surgeon deals with arteries and veins, correct?

I get severe pain when I move my arms behind my shoulder or raise them above my head. That would suggest that nerves are being impinged, I guess. WIth my arms resting on my lap whilesitting or at my sides,there is no pain. I don't have any numbness or tingling.

Would a vascular surgeon put my arms into the positions that cause pain and be able to diagnose my problem? So far, a neurologist and orthopedic surgeon haven't found anything. Both tests by these doctors did not involve touching my arms once. I'm lost, and scared, and don't know who I'm supposed to go to for a diagnosis.
If the DRs don't touch you , that is a big sign, IMO.
At the very least they could refer you to an advanced PT for evaluation, those PTs that are highly skilled w/ extra training & experience will do the hands on tests. Then a eval report can be made to the Drs.

But it sounds like you need a lot of help getting thru this, please make a new thread for yourself, or let me know and I can make one for you if you need help with that.