View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The informational sheet I was given on the injections mentioned that stretching and strengthening was an integral part of the therapy ; however 3 mths of unsuccessful PT led me to a pain management doc in the first place. The purpose of this is to decrease the inflammation in the area and give it a chance to recoup. Hopefully the PT exercises I will probably resume wont cause more aggravation to the area but this time help.

The cause was most likely cumulative stress and bad posture which resulted in the flare which became worse as I said with PT. Beware of reading books or your i phone while half slumped in bed. I'mpretty sure hours of this bad habit led to neck strain. I've always had huge knots in my shoulders or as long as I can remember too..... A result of a stressful job (nurse) and holding my stress up in my shoulders. He said given my my "young" age 52, good health and being slim and fit should all make this issue fairly easily resolvable.

QUOTE=Jo*mar;981482]Is there going to be any PT along with the Injections?
I would ask about that and ask specifically for a highly skilled PT.

Triggerpoint (manual & injections) are often used to tx TOS and TOS like injuries, botox also.
Also in conjunction with PT to address/resolve the full cause of the pain.
Did the MD mention the possible cause of those spasms/tight muscles?[/QUOTE]
Pensive one is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-07-2013), mg neck prob (05-15-2013)