View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 02:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My MRI of the cervical spine results......what does it mean?

Hi,
I had an MRI of the cervical spine on Friday. The report states:

cervical vertebrae are grossly normal in height and signal. There is minimal retrolisthesis of C4 on C5. Discs are narrowed from C3-C7.

C3-C4 disc is unremarkable. spinal canal and neural foramen are well maintained.

C4-C5 disc and osteophyte are seen greater to the right side causing mass effect on the cervical cord and narrowing of the right neural foramen.

C5-C6 midline disc and osteophyte are seen causing minimal central canal narrowing. uncovertebral joint hypertrophy causes narrowing of the left neural foramen.

C6-C7 central disc and osteophyte are seen without significant central canal or foraminal narrowing.

cervical spine cord is normal in size and signal. there is no posterior fossa anomaly or neck mass.

IMPRESSION: significant degenerative disc and joint disease causing narrowing of central canal or nneural foramina at C4-C5 and C5-C6, please see above.

Will I have to have surgery? if so, what is the surgical procedure called? How long do I have to stay in the hospital? Thank you for any help deciphering mu MRI.
Thanks, Cindy in Delaware
polockma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote