View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 06:10 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Well... there are days! The puffy will come to me for no reason, it seems!

I've had 3 days of NO swelling in my hands...which is very unusual for me lately. I didn't put the magnesium lotion on them
yesterday, and today they are starting to puff up.

The Morton's epsom lotion really does work for swelling for me. I will put some on with breakfast today. I use it on my hands and left foot mostly. (I try to keep my left foot elevated as much as possible too).

I find it really difficult to manage this. But without that evil drug in the mix, I am sooooo much better.

I only use 25mg of atenolol for my blood pressure, and my levothyroxine, now. No other RX drugs daily. Lasix very infrequently with severe swelling, and 1/2 tramadol at night if pain is terrible. (maybe once or twice a month).

I am trialing the new Bayer advanced aspirin 500mg. It has a new rapid releasing dosage form, to protect the stomach, and one of those a day, seems to help too. I've always used AlkaSeltzer, my whole life for intermittent pain, (not every day) because aspirin in solution is rapidly absorbed and not a big risk for the stomach bleeding. I get more relief from aspirin than from other NAIDs for some reason.

Most of my swelling is GI located, still.

Let me know what the immunologist says. I am waiting for the drug induced lupus to go down, to see exactly what it contributed to the angioedema. I'd rather see the doctor after our summer trip... that is not a good time to start a new treatment. After 66 yrs, I am pretty used to this after all! The lupus rash on my arms is fading away, but slowly. I am using it as a marker of sorts.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (05-08-2013)