View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 06:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks for responding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokey View Post
I had a Very bad period last month. Huge setbacks. I was overtired from a lot of activity and I gave myself BPPV (vertigo) from trying to dance with the WII fit! I turned around quickly and moved my head up and down. Not good. You may have BPPV - a head trauma can dislodge crystals in the inner ear which then send false messages to the brain and produce vertigo! On top of the concussion dizzyness. You can get that assessed by a vestibular therapist. They can get you to do a maneuvre to get the crystals back in place. Do you have nystagmus? That can be a sign of BPPV.
Just an idea, as many people with head trauma develop this!
Hope you feel better soon. Ups and downs. Slow healing. But it will come.
Hi Mokey,

Are you doing any better now? It sounds like they fixed the dizziness, right?

I have a call into my vestibular therapist just to ask her opinion, but since vestibular therapy didn't help me, I feel like it has to be my eyes. I do not have nystagmus, and I did have a VPN test, so I think that would have caught it. Could I still have BPPV?

My dizziness is very low level but seems present all the time, whereas I used to just get dizziness with movement, but it does get worse with any movement. My vision therapist said it could be allergy related but that seems unlikely to me. I guess I just mostly feel kind of high, like someone drugged me.

I can't decide if I feel better at all this morning. I guess I'll just go on with my day trying to rest as much as I can and see how I feel.

Funnily enough, I've been wanting to try playing Just Dance on my Wii for weeks, and yesterday was going to be the big day, but I guess I'll have to wait a while still for that!
I have recovered my cognitive function, and I've overcome severe vertigo through sensory integration therapy. Wellbutrin has helped me escape depression. I have recently had a few stress-related migraines, as well as headaches stemming from eye strain. I'm also dealing with tinnitus, lack of stamina, extreme light sensitivity, and eye pain. Diagnosed with 9 different vision issues: convergence insufficiency, pursuit eye movement deficit, egocentric visual midline shift, photophobia, visual information processing delays, accommodative insufficiency, saccadic eye movement deficit, lack of coordination, and central peripheral visual integration deficit.

*First concussion: October 2010. I was pregnant and got rear ended. I associated my mild PCS symptoms with baby brain and blamed my light sensitivity on allergies and dry eyes.
*Second concussion: December 2011. I hit my head on a wooden beam, saw stars but did not lose consciousness, and I had very disturbing PCS symptoms but didn't go to the doctor.
*Third concussion: August 2012. I caused a car accident as a result of PCS symptoms. Thankfully no one was injured but me. My husband confronted me, and I finally sought help and took medical leave from work. My symptoms worsened, and I developed severe vertigo.
*Fourth concussion: November 2012. I was riding in a car with a friend and we were hit head on by a driver who lost control of her car. I didn't have a big increase in PCS symptoms.
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote