View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 06:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRian View Post
I was talking with the doctor that did the Calmare treatment on my daughter and on me, and he mentioned that in his experience, a large majority of people started with a foot injury, and of those people, a large majority of people started with the LEFT foot. Reading these forums, I seem to see a lot of RSD starting in feet, so I thought I'd ask the people here where their RSD started, just out of curiosity. It might even lead to something helpful in treatments - any new information can be helpful. If it really IS a large percentage in the left foot, maybe there's something unique about circulation or nerve wiring or something like that ...
Good Topic-

That is interesting because mine started in my left foot and spread diagonally(sucks)- I've read about a lot of people who have indeed said it started in the left foot. Anyone have any idea as to why that might be? Maybe the left side of the body is more vaunrable than the right because more people are right handed than left and everything is made for the right side, so the left side might be left vaunrable to other things that the right might not? I know that sounds weird, but if you think about it, it makes sence- (I.E: there are more accidents with left hand turns than right.) Or, like you said, the nerves(& Muscles) could be the answer themselves- they might control a specific body task on the spinal colmun and the mutation of the CNS (i've read about) that occurs with CRS/RSD makes it worse or spread. I know that things like sleep can be effected, like, one place I read said that RSD mutations of the CNS(Centeral Nerovous System) cause the person to be unable to go into full R.E.M sleep. R.E.M sleep is Rapid Eye Movement part of sleep when you dream and it consists of a "V"(if you will) of a full 90 minute cycle- 45minutes till the center of the "V" and 45 minutes to get out of the "V". Well, if the CNS is mutated and doesn't allow you full R.E.M sleep, that means that you are not reaching the deepest part of sleep(the center point og th "V") that a person needs to dream and function, then you are not getting a full nights sleep.

This may also have an effect on where it goes in the body (besides how you were injured/got RSD) because the mutation may happen right away- I don't know, but it's a theroy. I hope it makes sence.
~*MouseY*~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote