View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I realize this is an older post, yet, my youngest sons Speech and Language Pathologist brought this to the table as his diagnosis for my son. He's had Early Intervention Services, since 3. He's now 6. He has had four days a week of therapy, and it's now ramped up to five for speech, plus occupational therapy(which apraxia can cause fine motor troubles), and physical therapy , as modified physical education activities--sports he is ok with, just he is right side predominant. Can count to 100, knows his alphabet, but this is just what he has.

My second born/middle son, has developmental delay, with speech and language involvement, as well. These diagnosis' take time. He is the one, currently seeing a neurologist. And this doctor, does state, that the therapy that he is receiving in this school system, is what he needs.

Now, with this result from a group meeting with the team working with my youngest, I will take to his pediatrician, and I presume, he will now, also see the neurologist. My middle son, got in sooner, when he had some physical 'gait' fine motor issues, and it was just a different experience, getting there.

According to this site and the information about Apraxia, it's the most severe of speech disorders.

The town does have a group for parents, an advisory council, to be precise. So, I am not sure, if other children in this area have apraxia, but it was good to find this web-link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
I found this site today.... my nephew (4yrs) was recently diagnosed with Apraxia.

http://www.apraxia-kids.org/

I wish you and your son all the best!!!

Abbie

GladysD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote