View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thank you so much Barb. It is so nice to have someone like you who can see how it is. I should check with you for advice when I get stuck on things.

I saw Doug get in his car this morning and I said hey to him after giving him the cold shoulder last night and the night before. He acted kind of yea right and didn't wave back with much enthusiam. But not long later when he returned he was waving hi to me like he was happy that go around. When he got out of his car he talked to me again.

I put a letter out in the mail today for Doug to read. I told him I had an issue I had been working on and that I didn't mean to ignore him if he thought I had been. I let him know that it was nothing he did wrong.

You see, Doug knows my husband abused me and he himself comes from a father of abuse. It scared me at 1st when he told me his father beat him and his brothers because I thought he would be an abuser too but Doug is the exactly oppossite. Not saying I know that for sure yet but so far Doug is a very compassionate person.

I didn't go into any details of my issue I mentioned having in the letter, I just told him I didn't want for him to see me in a sour mood. I also said other unrelated things in the letter but I basically wanted to let him know I want to be his friend.

You are right about Doug helping me feel my feelings again. It's wonderful.

befuddled2