View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 07:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there

I was on Beta, not Rebif, but since they are both Interferons, the side effects are much the same - feeling like you have been run over by a truck, skin sensitivity, fever, chills, headache and so on. Make sure you take paracetamol to combat the 'flu symptoms, site reactions may be relieved with ice after the injection, and for longer term lumps, bumps and redness, try massaging with a good moisture cream.

Be wary of depression - and discuss it with your doc if you feel that this is a problem. That is a recognised issue with all of the interferons.

Hopefully, as with many people, these nasty side effects will abate within the first few months.

Sadly, I wasn't one of them, and I stuck it out with Betaferon (Betaseron) for eight years (because that was the best there was) until something that suited me better came along. Having said that, it kept my relapses at bay, and my MS did not progress in that time.

Good luck - there are lots of people on here who can give you great advice about this drug.

Cheers

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karilann (05-10-2013), SallyC (05-09-2013)