View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Ginnie

Im sorry you're having a rough time, I don't think it's possible to stop worrying about CRPS/RSD while it is still active, it is just too intrusive. I only recently got my most current pain increase under control by going back on Lyrica....I was gutted because I'd got off the meds for a month and thought I was doing ok. Turns out it was just that the darn Gabapentin I'd been on wasn't doing anything anyway.

As far as research and stuff goes, I'll try and find some specific papers, but I haven't always kept track of which ones I've read. I know that there ARE some very dedicated scientists researching CRPS on the USA, more there than here in the UK I suspect! We can't ever give up hope that someone will find a way to help us more than they can now. It's the lack of useful pain relief that distresses us most I think, even their 'mega' pain killers like morphine just don't do much. The pain is the frightening thing simply because so few people understand how bad it can be. Everyone thinks they know pain...

Sorry, I know this isn't the thread for this. Take care of yourself and hang on in there.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-10-2013)