View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 01:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Final Results for MS Testing

So as promised I am posting the results of all of my testing. You will see the VENG test results on another thread which isn't typically used for MS anyways.

I had ANA, RA, B12, and Myasthenia Gravis blood work done. Everything was negative except for the MG which I have had since 2008.

MRI with and without contrast of the brain and eyes- Negative
MRA- Negative
C Spine- Negative

NeuroOpthamologist- Only noticed minor weakness associated with the MG. This was also evident on the VENG

So per my doctor he doesn't think it's MS but would like to rerun the tests in 6 months because it can take some time for that type of thing to show up just to be safe. he is extra cautious because I have MG so I have a higher chance of getting MS (or any other autothan someone without any disease.

He also said we could do a lumbar puncture to look for 3 proteins and other diseases just to be extra safe as a diagnostic. He said if this is negative that he is 99.9% sure this isn't MS and that the distorted and wavy vision is from the MG, which he has said he has seen and heard of in other patients with this it's just not typical.

So next Friday I have my lumbar puncture and I also requested a test for heavy metals so I am having both of those done. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again everyone.
strizzlow20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (05-09-2013), clarkstar (05-09-2013), karilann (05-09-2013), Kitty (05-09-2013), NurseNancy (05-09-2013), SallyC (05-09-2013)