View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 09:46 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Constant, tight muscles can be chronic spasticity from MS, or maybe fibromyalgia. I have both. I was on zanaflex for the spasticity, since the pain can bring me to tears. But my heart was doing funny things on it, so I'm now on baclofen and clonopin.

Don't give up...and get a hold of your local chapter of the national MS society and see if they can help you with financial aid.

There are also special prism glasses that can lessen double vision-at least I hve read that. Others here might be able to give you more info on that.

Doesn't sound like your neuro is being a good team member. My neuro believes that you need to feel that your questions and concerns are fully answered.

That said, MS takes a long time to figure out...and to be honest in this day and age if you don't have the financial means to pay for treatment, some docs will not see you.

Is there an MS center in a university hospital nearby that can give you free treatment?

Also, it is VERY difficult to get SSDI. I got rejected the first time-they usually reject a good majority of applicants in hopes that you'll give up. My second try got me on it.

Keep us up to date...and make sure to keep a symptom journal with dates of onset and diminishment of symptoms, as well as a question sheet for your next doc visit.

And last-you're not alone-this is a great community with info and experience, as well as support. Try to reach out to find support networks. The worst thing about MS is feeling alone and depressed. And MS also contributes to depression. Don't let that take over.

Hugs, dear...
AynaDee (05-10-2013), ewizabeth (05-12-2013), KittyLady (05-10-2013), SallyC (05-10-2013)