View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Opll c3-c6

Hi,
I thought of sharing the information I received from few Neurosurgeons. So far I have contacted 6 of them. Three of them wanted to perform Laminectomy and two of them Laminooplasty for my OPLL from C3-C6. The sixth one is Dr. Jho who will be performing the minimally invasive posterior endoscopic decompression from C3-C6 in mid May.

Regardless of the outcome from the procedure, I just wanted to take chances with Dr. Jho. I have an option of Laminectomy if it does not work and if I survive the Jho's procedure

Well, also I heard from these doctors and some research on the internet that, we all OPLL lucky people have the NPPS gene that plays an important role for the OPLL. So this is the culprit.

You may research on the NPPS gene on the internet - you will find lot of information.

Thought of sharing this and wish me luck for the procedure from Dr. Jho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarian View Post
Hi,
I live in Dallas, TX too. I am glad that you have a positive experience with Jho. I am planning to have a Posterior endoscopic foraminotomy procedure to remove bone spurs from the cervical spinal canal (OPLL). Your comments about Jho makes me feel better.
Are there any other things to know or prepare for before the surgery?
Novarian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote