View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 07:24 PM
anon22217

anon22217

I think anxiety is a major symptom that comes with every injury or traumatic event. I am plagued by it too. I think it can really hinder our recovery so I think anti anxiety meds help and also in end just working through your emotions by journalling or seeing a psychotherapist. I completely understand how you feel. I always think of my life beforehand and feel so discouraged at times. I think acceptance and moving on is key and these are emotions we have to work through For me , talking with others who have expereinced something very similar is really helpful for me. And just look straight ahead not back. You are getting better...and the light at the end of the tunnel is near.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrail11 View Post
Anxiety is common to a lot of us. It can hit me in unusual ways such as going grocery shopping or other mundane daily activities.

Some things I have found helpful include meditation, gentle yoga, and massage therapy. Depending on where you live you may also be able to find a TBI support group which could be helpful. The BIAA website may have a link to a support group in your area.

http://www.biausa.org/
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Su seb (05-12-2013)