View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 07:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpont21 View Post
Ugh. I'm just having a rough day here. I feel my anxiety is taking over my life. I feel like it's so hard to relax and I keep thinking about how much my life has changed since this injury. I'm alone on Friday and Saturday nights now which puts me down in the dumps. I should be out hanging with my friends.

Does anybody have any recommendations to cope with anxiety? I feel it's just getting worse for me. I started taking yoga and I also went out and rescued a cat from an animal shelter to keep me company at home. Both have helped a little but I feel I need to give it more time.

I never suffered from anxiety in my life prior to my injury. Now I feel it's a struggle everyday to maintain my calmness. The stress, nervousness, and worry are overwhelming at times. Weightlifting was my escape before, but now since I can't really do that I feel the stress is building. I really don't want to go down the route of medication, so any natural recommendations would be much appreciated. I thought maybe a good book might be a start?
I am having the same issue this week. I just got back from a week away at Daytona Beach. It was really nice not to have to do anything or answer up to anybody, but now that I am back I am a mess just trying to reintegrate into life. I tried a message which really helped, I was having trouble sleeping and this relaxed me enough to sleep. I am not that interested in medication but signed up this week for a psychologist to help me deal with my life. There are hugh adjustments, financial stress etc. and the outcome is not know. It is really hard to deal with the unknown. I have not been working for 14 months now and have been told it might be another year before I can work, but nobody really knows. I also use a journal, I write down everything I need to do and schedule it out. It somehow gives me control (even a little) of my life. I think trying to do something you enjoy is important, but like the rest of us there is not alot we can do. I look forward to t.v. shows every week, although I limited to watch 2 hours a day of t.v. but those 2 shows can keep me going.

Good Luck.....Some nights it really sucks!!! I do have 2 dogs who keep me company.
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MiaVita2012 (05-11-2013)