View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear of your frustration.

The thing is.. You are at the beginning of a very bumpy, long, curvy road.

Kitty asked you to space it out so she could read the text (you may find out in the future your eyes will be damaged for this disease) because I assume she was having the same problems reading your post as I. (words merging together, double letters, wrong lines.. it gets pretty nauseating)

People on this forum will most definitely help you and not shrug you off..

I was diagnosed at 21. No insurance. Had to change work fields. Couldn't get medicaid. Lots of problems.

I am 25 now and am still fighting for ssdi. Until I get that, I can't get medicaid. You can get temporary medicaid tho.. That's how I was seeing my neuro my first 2 years. I would highly suggest to apply, you'll be denied but until then they have to give you temporary medicaid.

As for the pharm drugs...

Disease Modifying Drugs are very harsh to your body. So you will most definitely have severe side effects.

And the drugs you can get to alleviate symptoms don't always work as well.

I wasn't able to read all of your post, it was quite difficult since my eyes aren't what they used to be, so I'm pretty sure I didn't cover everything.

I can say that this is a very frustrating and difficult disease to live with. The process of getting help is just the same.

But I can also say that the MS community here on Neurotalk is awesome. They've been in your shoes before and understand what it's like.

You cannot allow this frustration to take over because it is just feeding this disease like adding fuel to the fire.
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KittyLady (05-11-2013)