Thread: Lonely Tonight
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 09:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lonely Tonight

My brother-in-law came over with his girlfriend, and I had 1 1/2 beers (is this anything to feel guilty about I wonder?) but my husband had, oh, I'm guessing six, so he's passed out on the couch, snoring. Our daughter is fast asleep upstairs, blissfully unaware, her lullabies still drifting down the staircase. I've been sitting here for an hour, just wishing my husband was awake, so I'd have someone to talk to or at least someone not snoring so loudly.

I miss doing the things I love to do. I miss riding my bike, reading books, playing Just Dance on the Wii, hiking, gardening, and writing. There was a time when I used to love getting this kind of alone time, but now, it just feels like a waste because I feel like I can't do the things I enjoy.

I can only console myself with the thought that, slowly but surely, I'm getting there. I'm so close really, but it's just such a slow, painstaking process. Any little step you take could be the wrong decision, could set you back, and sometimes it is hard to tell when you are doing too much or not taking care of yourself as you should.

My husband is great, when he's not passed out snoring, but he can't understand how frustrating and depressing this syndrome can be! So my fellow sufferers, I hope you don't mind that I'm complaining, and may the end of your nights be better than mine!
I have recovered my cognitive function, and I've overcome severe vertigo through sensory integration therapy. Wellbutrin has helped me escape depression. I have recently had a few stress-related migraines, as well as headaches stemming from eye strain. I'm also dealing with tinnitus, lack of stamina, extreme light sensitivity, and eye pain. Diagnosed with 9 different vision issues: convergence insufficiency, pursuit eye movement deficit, egocentric visual midline shift, photophobia, visual information processing delays, accommodative insufficiency, saccadic eye movement deficit, lack of coordination, and central peripheral visual integration deficit.

*First concussion: October 2010. I was pregnant and got rear ended. I associated my mild PCS symptoms with baby brain and blamed my light sensitivity on allergies and dry eyes.
*Second concussion: December 2011. I hit my head on a wooden beam, saw stars but did not lose consciousness, and I had very disturbing PCS symptoms but didn't go to the doctor.
*Third concussion: August 2012. I caused a car accident as a result of PCS symptoms. Thankfully no one was injured but me. My husband confronted me, and I finally sought help and took medical leave from work. My symptoms worsened, and I developed severe vertigo.
*Fourth concussion: November 2012. I was riding in a car with a friend and we were hit head on by a driver who lost control of her car. I didn't have a big increase in PCS symptoms.
DFayesMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abel_in_Fl (05-12-2013), greenfrog (05-11-2013), Living_Dazed (06-04-2013), poetrymom (05-10-2013), Su seb (05-11-2013)