View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 11:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked COST of procedures, appalled

So, recently I changed pain Dr's and boy.. unbelievable. The cost difference between the two Dr's is astronaumical. My first Dr. had a surgery center were he does his shots and the second one does them in his office but he has a surgical room and all the same equipment, they even went to the same school, so they both have the same training (fellowship trained and certified board of anesthesiologist).

The cost difference is the first Dr. is $7000 per shot and the second is $350.. seriously..

The surgical center has more nurses and a fancy chair to sit in after the procedure and they offer you juice and maybe they fluff your pillow.. LOL.. but heck, they sure don’t do $6,650 more worth of pillow fluffing.. I was appalled at the price difference and it would have NEVER crossed my mind that the difference was sooooo huge.

My insurance co-pay was $479 and now it's $60.

Also, the first Dr. had another anesthesiologist to do the sedation, my current Dr. said “I AM THE ANESTHESIOLOGIST why would I need someone else?” and the first Dr. charged me an extra $400 for them.. OMG... where does it end, how does this crap happen? Taking advantage of people in pain, sad

Anyway, that’s my vent, wondering if anyone has had this experience?

J.
joojee22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote