Thread: Lumbar Puncture
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 03:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyLady View Post
strizzlow20, I have had 2 LP's and in MY experience it was the worst test. After both my LPs, I developed the spinal headache and on the 2nd LP I actually had to go back to the hospital and have a blood patch done to close the leak from the LP. Now, thats just MY experience, many have had it done and it was no big deal. I believe its totally an individual experience. I hope yours goes smoothly and no headache!! My LP was the last straw that got my dx.

Thank you for your input. It was something the doctor sort of reccomended because he's saying he can rule out MS 99.9% if it comes back negative. I don't know how confident he REALLY is but he thinks my MG may be causing the eye symptoms and not MS. Who knows though because wavy and partial visual distortion doesn't add up to me as MG and I don't know about MS either because I have 0 lesions and no optic neuritis. This is probably going to be a waiting game and I am going to have to adapt to my vision problems. Thank you again on the LP advice! I'm going to go through with it.
strizzlow20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote