View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 05:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=SFNgirl;980154]Hi all, I also have SFN, diagnosed in January. Went up to 2700 mg of gabapentin, and had no perceptible pain relief but was wiped out. My neuro told me to take one pill away at a time every 3 days until off completely. Then worked my way up to 3 x100mg lyrica per day. Just got to this level, so can't say yet, but seems a bit better. I have actually lost weight through this whole experience, which came out of the blue in October, and seem to have no appetite. Doc thinks it may be the autonomic stuff impacting my stomache and digestion. Anyway, I know others who are pretty happy with lyrica so we'll see

Hi SFgirl
I also have SFN and take lyrica. I started taking last Dec,. Its going on to 5mos since I started ( I do not see much improvement yet). I am only on 225, I am sensitive to meds so Im going slowly. Do you have any side effects yet? Is 300 helping you, I hope to get relief by 300 mgs. I have not gained any weight either and it seems I have less of an appetite these days too. Why does your Doc think its "autonomic stuff", Do you have stomach or digestion problems or any autonomic symptoms? So far my stom and digestion are normal. Just some constipation from taking lyrica.
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote