View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 05:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain patch View Post
Hi Everybody,
I have just been diagnosed with major depression. I have chronic pain and other problems that you can read about in my signature. I have had a problem with passing out in public/private and hitting my head many times resulting in many concussions. This passing out problem has also given me a major anxiety problem. I am unable to stand in any lines, go to the grocery store or crowded places, work etc. I was denied disability and applied again on a new claim in March. This depression comes a lot from being in chronic pain daily, having severe limits on my life due to the anxiety disorder and from being denied disability. I am so depressed I am worried if I can pull out of this. I am so stressed out about being accepted on disability because I really cannot work so what will I do? I need to see a psychiatrist but Medicaid does not cover any mental health (at least in my state). Does anyone have any ideas on how to see a psychiatrist with no money? I need the records from one to get disability and I need disability so I can get myself treatment. if anyone has any suggestions for things that can help major depression I would appreciate any advise. I have tried many different anti-depressants and had real bad reactions to them all. They aggravate the REM sleep disorder that I suffer from and make me feel insane. I take MS Contin for my pain and feel like it helps for depression also. I can't tell disability this though or they will just look at me as being a drug addict and not trying to do what I can to get better. I do meditation which I think is the only thing that has kept me alive for these past few years. I am sorry for any of you that are suffering with depression. This is just a miserable condition. Any advise/comments would be appreciated.
Brain

have you tried your county assistance office for health insurance thats what i did, your dr and therapist is covered n meds atleast mine are and they take good care of you. I was diagnosed in 97 with bi polar major depression it gets better
thome1223 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote