View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 08:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntress View Post
Hi again, finally finished my 10th plasmapheresis yesterday. Got my neck catheter out too. Yay for that. Feeling stronger but this morning I have a droopy eye and my voice is nasal again. Has anyone else had this after 10 plasmapheresis? I am on 60 Mg prednisone,since my catheter is out I am starting 150 Mg azathioprin today. On iron for my aniema. 60 Mg of pyridostigmine 3x a day. Doctor will be mad I started my aza so late but I was afraid with the side effects and having that catheter in my neck. Also does prednisone delay monthly cycles? I haven't had mine since I was in the hospital with a crisis and phemonia and collapsed lungs. That was in march. Many questions but that's why I titled plasmapheresis eft... Lol. Thanks

Lisa
Hello Lisa, Plasmapheresis can be very tiring, indeed. It's quite an assault on our poor bodies. Make certain you eat well. Directly after treatment, many find a bottle of liquid meal replacement works wonders. I certainly do.
MG is a whole bunch of "hurry up and wait..."

As to your Imuran, I "graduated" from this medication in November, having been on it since the fall of 1999. Your blood will be
tested regularly for the first few months. Please don't be afraid of side effects
because for most, they disappear. Do give it a chance, though. You sound like a strong lady to me!

Nice to meet you,
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote