View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 10:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello, new to your forum

Hello. I've come upon your forum a few times since being diagnosed a few months ago, and figured it was time to join and introduce myself. I've had rsd in my left foot for a litle over a year, but was only diagnosed in February. Having read some of the posts here, I know I have been very fortunate because my rsd appears to be more mild than some. This is probably part of why it took almost a year to be diagnosed. My foot was cold, and would swell every day, and hurt when I walk and by mid morning would start to hurt constantly until after I fell asleep at night. But I don't have any problems with pain from things touching it, and it doesn't hurt in the middle of the night or when I woke up - just when I start walking. I have had to cut back on my walking and don't exercise any more, but am still able to work and grocery shop and stuff - just painfully. And the pain has never been really horrible - again, I've been lucky.

I've had 4 sympathetic nerve blocks. They have helped with some of the persistent pain, especially at night. And the swelling and coldness are a lot better. My foot still hurts when I walk, however. I am scheduled for a radio frequency abelation (sp?) next week. I have read some bad things about it, so I'm wondering what I should do. My pain md is confident that it won't make it worse. What do you think?
Ccm47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-12-2013)