View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 11:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinga View Post
Is or has anyone dealt with PTH since concussion\head injury? If so any break in the cycle over time. I really want the headaches to stop!
It's been 18 months since my TBIm / concussion and I've had a headache of varying degrees (anywhere from 1 to 8 on a scale of 0 to 10) everyday since the accident. Not really a migraine in that there are no migraine symptoms (aura, tell tale sighns of onset, single sidedness, etc. You should read up on this) Tried all manner of pain remedies, prednisone tapers, etc. to no avail. Tried acupuncture and got temporary (24 -48 hr) relief. Three weeks ago I had my first treatment of botox injections (30 injections into subcutaneous muscles of face, scalp and neck) which have shown some success in treating migraine. I've had several long stretches (6 - 8 hours) without headache. To me this is a remarkable result. I'm hoping this continues and can have another treatment in 9 weeks. My neurologist has pretty much exhausted all other options, so I've got a lot of eggs in this basket. I'll let you know if this continues.
wdl6591 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote