View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 06:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Dynasty

I am coming to the conclusion that this **is** a lifelong thing to deal with much as I don't want it to be.

That said, I don't know for sure what I will not be able to do either other than no caffeine and no alcohol -- or when this does heal, maybe minimal alcohol, but I am so afraid of how it will affect me that for now I say none, nada, no.

Mark is right. We need a low stress environmnet, and I hope I can resume my teaching job, but wow, that's not low stress.

He's also right in that the supplements are good things -- they add to your diet. Yes, it's a lot I take. And I take more things at night too for hormone balance and sleep.

There's a great metaphor here about recovery and life with PCS. This journey is a marathon, not a race.

To each of us here, we are learning how to live in order to not relapse, because I know from experience, relapse can happen. We have to learn how to live fully, but carefully -- I guess. I don't know because I am still recovering.

Take care

pm

Symptoms I had: dizziness, light and sound sensitivity, fatigue, tinitis, occasional headaches and migraines,

Symptoms as of 5--2013: poor sleep, tinitis, some confusion /short term memory blanks, balance. The other symptoms are mostly gone, but flare up if I OVERdo something.

Therapy I had: vestibular

3 months in: I could drive more and for longer distances. I felt like a younger, happier version of myself and I feel so blessed to have this feeling.

9 months in and I am working full time. I do get tired, and some sound and light sensitivity from time to time, but mostly I am over most of my symptoms.
I pray every day and I m praying for your recovery.

Over a year in: I can multi task (limited) and have humor in my life. But when I am tired, I am very tired.
poetrymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote