Thread: Lonely Tonight
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 06:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFayesMom View Post
My brother-in-law came over with his girlfriend, and I had 1 1/2 beers (is this anything to feel guilty about I wonder?) but my husband had, oh, I'm guessing six, so he's passed out on the couch, snoring. Our daughter is fast asleep upstairs, blissfully unaware, her lullabies still drifting down the staircase. I've been sitting here for an hour, just wishing my husband was awake, so I'd have someone to talk to or at least someone not snoring so loudly.

I miss doing the things I love to do. I miss riding my bike, reading books, playing Just Dance on the Wii, hiking, gardening, and writing. There was a time when I used to love getting this kind of alone time, but now, it just feels like a waste because I feel like I can't do the things I enjoy.

I can only console myself with the thought that, slowly but surely, I'm getting there. I'm so close really, but it's just such a slow, painstaking process. Any little step you take could be the wrong decision, could set you back, and sometimes it is hard to tell when you are doing too much or not taking care of yourself as you should.

My husband is great, when he's not passed out snoring, but he can't understand how frustrating and depressing this syndrome can be! So my fellow sufferers, I hope you don't mind that I'm complaining, and may the end of your nights be better than mine!
I know how you feel, I am approaching yet another summer where I would usually enjoy camping and kayaking. I am trying to sell my trailer and I wonder whether I should sell the kayak. It is really hard to find things I enjoy that I can do.

I am having particularly bad week. I have been really dizzy and nauseous. It is hard also when you can watch t.v. or read a book due to my vision issues. Listen to the radio is becoming stale. The isolation at times can be crushing, but I keep hoping for better days, these set backs are really depressing but I keep trying to put one foot in front of the other and keep going on.

It WILL get better.
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DFayesMom (05-12-2013), Living_Dazed (06-04-2013), Mokey (05-12-2013), Su seb (05-12-2013)